Unistem Biosciences is the leading provider of a full spectrum of umbilical cord banking services — research, experimental therapy, and the collection, processing and cryopreservation of stem cells.
|Vision To harness the regenerative power of stem cells and drive research and therapy, to improve the quality of human life and health.|
|Mission At Unistem, we are dedicated to helping you secure a healthy future through the regenerative power of stem cells.|
- Unistem offers banking facilities for both public and private umbilical cord blood and cord tissue banking.
- Our team is made up of reputed senior doctors, scientists and technicians with over 70 years of cumulative experience in the field.
- The banked stem cells will be available in ready to use dosage for intravenous, intrathecal and as intramuscular injections for experimental therapy in approved clinical applications.
- Special focus is given to research & development, aiming to improve the quality of human life through stem cell therapy.
- Unistem’s partner hospitals for stem cell therapy have advanced facilities that adhere to the existing national and international regulatory guidelines on stem cells.
- The technological know-how of stem cell processing and cord banking facilities have been obtained from its principal, Beike International, that is dedicated to the development of adult stem cell therapies. Beike houses one of the largest stem cell banking, storage and processing facilities in the world.
- In the case of blood related diseases, Unistem offers an advantage to provide matched donor’s blood for treatment, through its public bank reserves and relationship with the International Bone Marrow and Umbilical Cord Blood Donor Registry, headquartered in the Netherlands. This would be utilised for cases such as children with leukaemia, where autologous stem cells are not used.
- Unistem is committed to provide free of cost umbilical cord tissue derived mesenchymal stem cells up to 5 million cells per kg body weight for therapy to the child whose stem cells are stored with Unistem. In addition, Unistem also provides stem cells up to 5 million cells per kg body weight for experimental therapy in the event of any traumatic brain or spinal cord injury, to either parent or an existing sibling of the child whose stem cells are stored, provided all the dues for such storage have been paid by the client to Unistem.
- Unistem has made adequate provisions to store expanded umbilical cord tissue mesenchymal stem cells for banking (in addition to direct cord freezing). Research indicates that the quality of such stem cells enhanced, in comparison to those which are expanded at a later date after initial direct freezing. The expanding and storing process also saves time, in preparing the final dose for usage.
- For expectant mothers and their families, we offer – Unicare – our personalised counseling program, comprising of highly qualified doctors and medical professionals. They offer you guidance and support as well as help you understand the benefits and processes of stem cell banking.
- Unistem is not just a cord blood bank. Through its research, it has moved to the next level of utilising the stored cord blood and tissue stem cells for therapeutic use in more ways than one. It offers a ray of hope to those who may have been left with no option to consider improving their quality of life.